Assignment Spotlight: Video JournalsSep 05, 2023
In today's blog post, I'll share some ideas about how you can use video journals in your online course. Video journals are a great way to encourage your students to engage with the material, and they can provide valuable insights into their understanding of the course.
Ideas for Using Video Journals
- You can use video journals in several ways. First, you can have your students create short videos responding to questions about the content. This can provide insight into how well they understand the material. This can be an alternative to writing a response to a discussion prompt.
- Alternatively, you can have students complete a reflective video journal simply reflecting on their day, or an experience. As a nursing student, we were required to write journals as a part of our clinical experience. I didn't see the value in them at the time, but I find them very valuable now and include them as a part of my online courses.
Benefits of Using Video Journals
- Providing alternative and creative ways to engage with course content can help students to stay motivated and engaged. Video journals also provide an opportunity for self-reflection as well as a way to document student's thoughts and experiences.
- When I was in nursing school, my instructors made us keep journals and review them at the end of the semester to see how we had grown. With video journals, students can actually see themselves and their progress over time. This gives them the opportunity to track their growth and development, as well as reflect on their journey.
- Video has become an important tool for millennials. In fact, video is becoming an increasingly important way to communicate and engage with colleagues, peers and even patients. Video journals can help students develop the skills they need to effectively use video in their future careers.
- Video journals also allow instructors to get a better sense of who their students are and what motivates them.
In conclusion, video journals are powerful tools that can be used in many different ways to enhance the learning experience of your students.
Would you like me to spotlight one of your assignments? Share your assignment HERE for an opportunity to be spotlighted in The Online Educator Blog!
Hey just before you go, don’t forget to GRAB YOUR FREE GUIDE to the 3 Secrets to Teaching Online Successfully.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.